[plug] [OT] iiNet, ADSL, & Westnet

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Jun 22 16:43:57 WST 2004

Simon Scott wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:17 pm, Ben Jensz wrote:
>

>>One thing to note about iiNet is that I think its as of the 12th of July
>>that they will no longer be supporting fast churn.
>>

>Im guessing they were on the losing end of the deal?

I think its more to do with them installing their own DSLAMS into
exchanges soon.  The problem would be that some customers they could
offer fast churn to (customers on Telstra ports they are renting), but
others they wouldn't be able to (i.e. ports on their own DSLAMS).  It
would be confusing to customers and probably managing a system to keep
track of it wouldn't work that well either... so I can definitely see
why they are doing it.

/ Ben