[plug] [OT] Australian Spam Act

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Jun 23 10:19:38 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 11:22, Alex Polglaze wrote:
> Ben Jensz wrote:
> > So in this case I don't think a business relationship exists, so whether
> > there is an unsubscribe system or not its still spam.
>
> No, this is where the implied consent comes from. It is considered that you have
> an existing relationship because they have you on their list.

Uhm, have you got anything to back that up, because using that standard,
getting data from a web-site, they visited your site - or getting it
from the white-pages, they looked it up, would constitute an existing
relationship.

Thus everyone is free to send anyone spam.

I'm pretty sure that this is not the intent of the SPAM act, but I'm
happy to be corrected.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..