[plug] ADSL - filters/splitters

nofixed nofixed at westnet.com.au
Wed Jun 23 10:35:19 WST 2004

My 2 cents worth:

I have a double adaptor  on the line into the house, into which is
plugged the little filter that came with my NB1300+4 adsl modem on
one side and the adsl modem on the other.  The house phone system is
plugged into the filter, and comprises a monitored alarm,  3 handsets
and 2 56k modems.  The handsets and 56k modems are on separate lines
with a manual switch so in the old days (pre-adsl) someone could not
pick up a handset and kill a session, and only 2 or 3 devices appear
on the line at any one time.

I live in Collie, with probably no more than 2km of wire between me
and the exchange, and have had no problems at all with WestNet.

I would have used a diagram, but this editor is using a variable
font.....

Regards
Jim
----
Hands were created for backrubs.
  Anything else you can do with them is a bonus!