[plug] Parallel linkups.

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jun 23 16:43:15 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 14:52, Craig Ringer wrote:
>>despite all the problems with Linux as a desktop system?).
> Linux makes a fantastic desktop.

I suppose that depends on your needs. I'm finding (expected, but still
painful) shortcomings even for users with extremely basic needs. Perhaps
top of the list would be FILE OPEN AND SAVE DIALOGS. *arrggh*.

The kernel and core system I have no problem with from a desktop
perspective. Drivers are an issue, but one that's only 1/2 a linux issue
and 1/2 a manufactuer issue. It's the apps running on top that I have
issues with - inconsistent interfaces and quirky behaviour.

--
Craig Ringer