[plug] laptop screen/keyboard/mouse 2 control the server?

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Wed Jun 23 14:11:53 WST 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, somewhereintime wrote:

> Just wondering if it's possible that i could use a laptop
> screen/keyboard/mouse as if that server had a monitor/keyboard/mouse, to
> control the server? Need a simple solution as possible via a cable if

Hmmm .. I don't see any replies so maybe I am missing something here.

The answer seems to be trivial: X-windows. Too trivial for anyone to
answer?  Don't like anonymous posters with US timezones and simple Qs?

Are you (anon OP) aware that X works over a network?
You can run a local X server, and remote window-manager, desktop.
Do you need to use console mode instead? More info?