[plug] buying a new printer

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Jun 23 14:50:19 WST 2004

Bernd Felsche wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 June 2004 14:08, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>>We're currently looking at a $20,000 colour laser / copier /
>>scanner, partly to save money on inkjet carts. ...
>

> I remember when colour printers had the choice of black or red; and
> SI/SO really meant something, instead of being obscure ASCII ocdes.
> And the riboons were also disproportionately expensive.

I seem to remember the Apple Imagewriter that had a 4 colour ribbon and was capable of printing in
up to 7 colours! From memory (now that WAS a long time ago) the ribbons were bloody expensive, but
what a way to impress the teachers at school with your dazzling page layout courtesy of the Bank
Street Writer!

Regards,
Brad