[plug] buying a new printer

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 14:55:03 WST 2004

At 14:42 23/06/2004 +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
>On Wednesday 23 June 2004 14:08, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > We're currently looking at a $20,000 colour laser / copier /
> > scanner, partly to save money on inkjet carts. ...
>
>I remember when ...

>And the riboons were also disproportionately expensive.
>
>Okay; which one of you smart-arses has pinched my walking frame?

Me!   I'm decorating it with daisywheels and printer chains[1]   :-)

Denis

[1]  Printer chains:  used in early high-speed line printers.   Characters
arranged on a chain or belt travelling at high speed, struck with
solenoid-operated hammers.   Akin to a chain saw for errant
fingers.   Definitely not for gerfingerpoken ;-)