[plug] linux ipsec in 2.6

Simon Scott sscott at westnet.com.au
Wed Jun 23 19:34:17 WST 2004

Hi all

As a last resort, Im posting to plug. Ive been trying to figure this out, but
I cant find any info on it!

Im using the inbuilt ipsec capabilities in kernel 2.6 + setkey in tunnel mode.
After stuffing with it for days, I finally found information that due to the
SNAT at both ends, end aint gonna work without 'nat traversal'.

Thats where the trail stops. Supposedly it encapsulates the packets into UDP
packets to allow SNAT, but I cant find anything further on how to enable
this.

Has anyone successfully set this up? Is there any reason to use frees/wan when
2.6 now hows inbuilt ipsec?

Thanks