[plug] WiFi advice please?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Jun 23 22:00:32 WST 2004

Chris Griffin wrote:

| I see PLE have a Minitar PCI 802.11G wireless card 54mb for $89. From
| memory, the Minitar are a good card for Linux driver support? Yes/No?
| I see on their site they even provide source.

Nope, not that card.  I have two of their 802.11b cards (only 11mbit)
which work fine under Linux -- their drivers are a bit ... quirky ...
but do the job and are being actively worked on.  The 802.11g cards
(54mbit) have no Linux support.  If you can put up with the lower
speed, the B cards are cheaper too, as well as having Linux support :-)

Cameron.