[plug] WiFi advice please?

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 24 09:15:12 WST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Nope, not that card.  I have two of their 802.11b cards (only 11mbit)
> which work fine under Linux -- their drivers are a bit ... quirky ...
> but do the job and are being actively worked on.  The 802.11g cards

Thats true! I seem to have the PCI one working again, since the OS
upgrade, with no more kernel crashes :-)  But the PC-card (pcmcia) one
is a problem. The module loads, but the lights dont blink, and no radio
connection.
 The easier way for a desktop would be to get a cheap Minitar WAP (access
point) and run it in client mode, via ethernet connection.
 I presume you could do the same for 54Mbps.
  BTW, the WAP runs linux internally.