[plug] [OT] iiNet, ADSL, & Westnet

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jun 24 12:44:40 WST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Richard Henry wrote:

> When I first decided to get ADSL (about 4 months ago when I moved house)
> I couldn't decide between iiNet, Westnet or Arachnet, so I sent each an
> email (at the same time) with some technical questions I wanted answered
> anyway.
>
> I send the email at about 1am Sunday morning.  By 9:30am Sunday Westnet
> had responded.  iiNet responded on *Thursday*, and Arachnet never
> responded.  Guess who I went with?

In October last year, I sent a couple of emails with queries, one each
to Westnet sales and domains, and got no acknowledgement or response
for either query.

In April this year, I sent an email with a query about ADSL, to iprimus.
No acknowledgement, no response.

Am waiting to see whether Arachnet responds (apart from an automatically
generated acknowledgement), and if so, how long it takes, to a query
sent there yesterday.

It appears that failure to deal with email, has occurred across
different ISP's.

Perhaps, it is an inability of some ISP's, to come to terms with such
complicated concepts, as using email?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale