[plug] [OT] iiNet, ADSL, & Westnet

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jun 24 12:47:04 WST 2004

Bret Busby wrote:

> It appears that failure to deal with email, has occurred across
> different ISP's.
>
> Perhaps, it is an inability of some ISP's, to come to terms with such
> complicated concepts, as using email?

It is my impression that some organisations don't realise that email
does not answer its self. They fail to reserve helpdesk / support staff
time for email, expecting them to get it done "in the gaps," and then
overload their helpdesk to a half-hour phone queue. Unsurprisingly,
email - which can't immediately yell for attention - is ignored.

--
Craig Ringer