[plug] Software to show DVD and CDR media codes ?

ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 24 21:14:26 WST 2004

Hi,

I have just upgraded Mandrake 9.1 to 10 Official (x4 cdroms).
I have a Pioneer D107 dvd burner and I have successfuly used DVDinfo.exe
with wine. it worked very well with MDK 9.1.

After upgrading to MDK 10 the DVDinfo.exe program states
that the 'aspi init failed ......etc... and refuses to run.

What would have changed between 9.1 and 10, that altered the way wine or
DVDinfo works ?

What I really need is a linux program that is the eqiv of DVDinfo or
DVDidentifier... ie: shows the media code of DVDs.

K3b did this for CDR's with my old Mitsubishi CDRW on 9.1.
however the pioneer D107 with either 9.1 or 10 versions would not do so.

Any Ideas ?

Regards,
Max.

PS..  I did a google and I think I found the question asked on a forum,
but my understanding of the German language is pretty bad so I could not
understand the reply.