[plug] plug mailing list vs Forum

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jun 24 23:32:26 WST 2004

I wrote:
| I might look into feeding my personal PLUG archives (since mid 2002)
| to Lurker and putting it on my server at home to see how easy it is to
| set up.

http://cp.yi.org/lurker/

This contains searchable archives of PLUG since May 2002, and of the
PLUG off-topic list (which AFAIK is not archived elsewhere) since it
was formed in February 2003.

If I've got my procmail-fu right, it should be continuously updated as
messages come in.  It gives a forum-ish view sorted by thread with the
newest ones first, which might make it easier for some people to read
the list.

The machine it's hosted on is far more capable than either of the Plug
servers but has only a 64 kbit uplink to the rest of the world -- so
it's not something I want to see become too popular.

Setting up lurker was amazingly simple given that I've never set up a
list archive before.

Cameron.