[plug] Low cost Embedded x86 Boards.

Dion tenzero at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 26 11:26:15 WST 2004

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any good suppliers -- pref Aust based -- that offer
really small and cheap embedded x86 boards.  I've done quite a bit of
searching and only Advantec seem to turn up so far.

I want to build a nice small formfactor totally silent firewall.
Compact flash to boot from ( I already have the ide cf socket).

Obviously I need hardware thats linux supported.  But I only really need
two ethernet ports, one serial port, one ide socket and a pentium class
cpu like the Amd Elan and either an so-dimm socket or around 64 meg ram.

Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing??

Cheers.
D.

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which may adequately be explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte