[plug] Network card works yesterday, not today

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 26 20:38:17 WST 2004

The ifconfig was to see if its similar to a bug I tripped over a few
wees back where the link type wasnt set for a 3com card.  Kernel update
fixed it but this is not the case here.

The irq *may* be a problem - though its usually windoze that cant sort
it out.  You will need to go into the bios and try and allocate irq10 as
a legacy card (non pnp) - most bioses allow you to do this.  That should
force the pnp aware usb to reallocate itself.  However, being as how
this is an nforce setup I have never had to deal with, I dont know if
its designed to use the usb stuff

Theres some odds on the gentoo forums about the kernel disabling irq
(10) for some reason (example here was loading a usb driver when no
devices were installed), then nothing else with that irq works.
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=188410&highlight=nforce+irq