[plug] Potential problems with plug.org.au domain

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Jun 29 13:05:39 WST 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:55:30PM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> > Why does it matter? Its the first I've heard of that domain.
> > Does it serve any purpose beyond a slightly shorter URL?
>
> there is another?

There is currently plug.linux.org.au, supplied by Linux Australia
and hence relatively permanent. And plug.org.au, which was
registered in the days when .org.au domains were free and permanent.
This changed on the 1st of July 2002, and all .org.au domains were
set to expire in 2 years from then unless they were transferred to
another registrar. Unfortunately, the email address on the domain
is a past president who hasn't responded to emails.

Both domains get used, so it's in our best interests to keep both
alive :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>