Fan repair (was [plug] next Installfest?)

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Mar 1 17:12:57 WST 2004

Bigtime oddball is what Jaycar stated, but I think I'll take it out and take it around to some of the other places to see if they can find a replacement.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Jon. Usually fans are pretty generic little items, so perhaps you can go
> to Altronics or something and find a replacement (warranty
> notwithstanding!)
>
> Do you know the voltage of the thing, or does it truly seem an oddball
> little fan?

RS Components will probably have what you need, though they usually only stock the oddball stuff in
Sydney. Expensive but you know what you purchase there will last forever.

They are also a great place to source very good quality low ESR caps for repairing power supplies
and motherboards.

Regards,
Brad