[plug] (semi-ot) Technical mobo question..

Paul Stone paul at paulstoneonline.com
Tue Mar 2 09:40:53 WST 2004

Hey all,

Just a quick question for you peeps, im running an athlon 2500+ cpu with an
asus a7v8x motherboard and basically its reporting that my "+3.3v" line is
running low, when I go into the bios it shows up as "2.6v - 2.8v"..

it doesnt seem to have caused me any problems as yet, and i believe my power
supply should be sufficient to handle everything (~300 - 350w) and the power
supply is fairly new (6 - 8 months)..

I was thinking about taking out my firewire card to see if that was the
problem, perhaps its my video card leaking power innapropriately - it is
quite old now being an original Gforce256 card.. I do have a cd burner and 3
hard drives which may not be helping.

I'm not sure where to look though, is it the cards in my pc, the hard
drives, my power supply, or perhaps my powerboard running other things.. any
ideas?

Cheers,

Paul