[plug] (semi-ot) Technical mobo question..

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 2 09:45:31 WST 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 09:40, Paul Stone wrote:
> Just a quick question for you peeps, im running an athlon 2500+
> cpu with an asus a7v8x motherboard and basically its reporting
> that my "+3.3v" line is running low, when I go into the bios it
> shows up as "2.6v - 2.8v"..

> it doesnt seem to have caused me any problems as yet, and i
> believe my power supply should be sufficient to handle everything
> (~300 - 350w) and the power supply is fairly new (6 - 8 months)..

PSU can be bad, out of the box. Check the current rating on the 3.3V
rail.

Next, check the ATX power connector on the mainboard. Touch it while
the system is running, and if it's noticeably warm, then you have a
bad connector.

There are various ways to fix that problem... but I won't go into
detail right now