[plug] Re: [plug-ctte] [paul at sdmgroup.com.au: Re: PLUG membership cards]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 3 08:22:28 WST 2004

In message <200403030803470130.004DEADE at mail.webace.com.au>
on Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:03:47AM +0800, Mark J Gaynor wrote:
> >Just got this from Paul.  I've forwarded it here to see what y'all
> >think of it.  It looks pretty good to me :-)  I've separated the
> >attached PDF and put it on my PLUG web space:
> >
> >	 http://plug.org.au/~cameron/plug_card.pdf
>
> Love the concept, can I suggest four minor changes:-

For some reason, the penguin has all sort of very thin lines over the
top of it (these were not visible when the card was presented to the
list as a rasterised JPEG in October 2003). Also, the foot area seems
to suffer from some sorts of pixellation & blurring problems.

On the note of handwriting, would it also be possible to lengthen the
'Member' box, please? (A previous idea was to have pre-printed cards
spat out by machine, so width would not have been so much of a problem.)
With regards to the the domain name, would it fit within the yellow area
alongside PLUG's name? Might not look as stylish having the yellow box
extended to the full width of the card, though.