[plug] [OT] Tape back-up

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Mar 3 21:52:52 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 21:41, Bernd Felsche wrote:
;snip

> Try Trinix.
>
> NOT cheap devices. Over $1200 for an internal Seagate version.
> And you'll need at least an LVD SCSI host adapter, IIRC. So you're
> not likely to see much change out of $2000 to "tool up" if there's
> not suitable SCSI available.

Gosh. This guy pulled my ad out of the community and expects a guy (me)
that charges $33/ph for have this kind of stuff.

BTW if anyone on this list will let me refer this customer to them for a
quote on the cost of recovering their stuff let me know.
> Very risky; given HP's propensity to screw with the firmware of
> standard drives.
>
> Good idea might be to first plead with a current owner and bribe
> them to read the data off the media for you. Several of my customers
> have DDS-4 drives.. no hang on; they all have.

Thanks Bernd.

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.