[plug] kernel 2.6.3 production-ready?

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Thu Mar 4 11:16:50 WST 2004

G'Day,
	I use 2.6.3-mm1 (it should be upto mm4 by this arvo) on the office
server, all the workstations, my desktop and my laptop. I've been
running 2.6.* on the server since 2.6.0-rc2 with no major problems. That
said, I also run Debian Sid on the above mentioned machines, so this has
probably easied the transition. But as James B told when I asked him if
I should try out Sid:- "Just do it!".

Oh, and as far as FSs go, XFS also supports ACLs natively. While I
haven't used this feature (yet), I've been impressed with the rest of
XFS. One minor gotcha, if you ever need to recover from CD, you need to
find a boot CD with XFS support, as the standard Woody CD doesn't.

Regards,
Adrian