[plug] Writing a status applet for the Gnome2 panel

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Mar 4 14:12:45 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 16:42, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> On Thursday 04 March 2004 13:34, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > I have a tortuous link to the outside world via a switch, a
> > wireless link, a satellite link and a corporate firewall. I want
> > to see what is working and what is not.
>
> Have you investigated BigSister?

Hmm, if I wanted to fill the screen with a status report on my network,
I could just run three terminal windows with ping in it.

That is not what I want.

All I want is little status icon showing the state of a host. Green for
fine, Orange for missing packets, Red for dead. Then I want to be able
to configure the interval, the host and if I can only have one host per
instance I want to run multiple instances.

And I want it on my panel.

Again... Why is this so complicated?

PS. I am a subscriber of the list, so there is no need to send me a
message as well as one to the list...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S41°18'23" - E146°49'07" (Holwell, Tas)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..