FTA (was: Re: [plug] xbox)

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Mar 5 18:09:32 WST 2004

Its quite scary losing the reverse engineering part.

My last 'big' job tended to involve reverse engineering RS232 wire
protocols for various bits of gear we where automating.

Often it was because the manuals where in some sort of convoluted engrish
, poorly documented or just that they didnt want us to have the info.

A DMCA would destroy the AV industry, and many more like it.

Its verry stupid law and designed to protect a minority in the music
industry against competition at the expense of the IT industry and many
others.

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.