[plug] oh dear :(

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Wed Mar 10 07:58:37 WST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:43:20AM +0800, John Usher (Maptek) wrote:
> Used sln:
>
> /home/shite/sbin/sln /home/shite/lib /lib
>
> Now I can
>
> /home/shite/sbin/mv /home/shite/* /
>
> Lots of stuff is back in its original place.....but I can't move /lib back...

I don't have a system to try this on right now, but you probably can't
move /lib back because /bin/mv is a dynamic executable, and requires
either the original /lib or the symlink.  Kim could try:

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/misskim/oldfloppy/lib
  export PATH=/home/misskim/oldfloppy/bin:$PATH

Then all the executables in /home/misskim/oldfloppy/bin should work,
including ln and mv, without requiring /lib to be there.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Apples  have  meant  trouble  since  eden.
	-- MaDsen Wikholm, mwikholm at at8.abo.fi