[plug] ooo doublesided printing?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 10 15:08:10 WST 2004

In message <20040310144150.11b5fa1f.garbuck at westnet.com.au>
on Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:41:50PM +0800, Garry wrote:
> I've got a Kyocera 1010N which is fed through CUPS. To do double
> sided, I print the "odd" numbered pages, put the printed stack back in
> the tray then print the "even" numbered pages.

Assuming that the 'd' in 'hp officejet d145' means "duplex", and that
the print system is CUPS, I would say, "just specify '-o
sides=two-sided-long-edge'". (This would work in, say, Acrobat Reader).
If OOo 1.0 doesn't let him specify lp options directly, he could always
set his printer's default options in CUPS so that it does double-sided
printing by default. Or, if OOo has a "double-sided" menu option,
perhaps that means it's picked it up from the PPD or can specify the
correct options to his spooler already. If he's not using CUPS, but the
print system has the correct PPD available for the printer, it may be
possible to specify a PPD option like Duplex=NoTumble, or some such.

> Just played around with a blank sheet with a biro mark, worked out how
> the sheet comes through (remember there is three WRONG ways to put
> them back into the tray...) and it became easy.

<sideways glance> Isn't that why paper trays have little pictures of
simulated paper with its corner turned over, so that you can see
exactly how to orient the paper?