[plug] OT: Point to multipoint wireless

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Fri Mar 12 11:54:04 WST 2004

> May I put a couple of thoughts into your planning?
>

> Heat - APs need to be in a shaded box  - high temps will make
> them play
> up..

Yup, if I can't get the AP mounted in an airconditioned area we'll get a
vented box made up for it. The AP at the Rec centre will be sitting about
40' away from the pool so any breeze will be nicely water cooled :) FDC's
mount point might be a little harder to keep cool but we'll figure something
out.

> Condensation - just noticed "Broome" in your address...

Yeah, we're sorta moving back into dry season now and condensation is not so
much of a problem but I'm well aware of possible faults that might happen in
the wet season. Keep it well ventilated though and hopefully there'll be no
problems ! :)

> Wind - yep, the obvious.. But lots have put up APs around
> Perth and lost
> them..
>
> Broome. Starting to get nice up there this time of year. ;^)==

Nice ? hehe, if you're like me and you like the tropical thundestorms,
cyclones, heat and humidity, anything below 25 degrees is "cold" :P

Tourists love it though, 'specially those from the south eastern states like
Victoria, they flock here during dry season, speaking of which, completely
off topic but something that exceeded my expectations: Broome's general
population is around 14,000...Shire statistics show during dry season that
can swell to around 50,000 which is why you should ALWAYS book prolly six
months in advance if you want to come here during the dry season !

Wet season wouldn't be a problem though 'cause most tourists don't like the
heat and humidity !