[plug] Just installed mandrake 10

Senectus - senectuskal at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 22:50:19 WST 2004

I'm damned impressed..
I threw it over my redhat install on my dual boot IBM thinkpad (A31p)
it picked up EVERY hardware device by default..
CD burner/DVD combo drive, 802.11b, Bluetooth, internal modem the whole
damned lot... its the first time I've had linux working 100% on my
thinkpad..

its also much easier to configure, and not as "cute" as the other versions
(no overkill of cartoon pictures of penguins everywhere).
Very impressive.. I'll have to stress test it on some bigger machines later
:-)

I still prefer Gentoo though.. and will end up wiping it with my fav distro
later.. :-P

Senectus

“I don’t think Bastard goes anywhere near to describing the unmitigated scum
sucking, bottom feeding toerag that is me. But hey – who knew shit could be
worth so much…”  - Simon Travaglia BOFH (Could have easily been Darl McBride
that said it though)