[plug] Just installed mandrake 10

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sat Mar 13 17:33:53 WST 2004

I've always liked mandrake.

Although I'm definately a debian guy these days , mandrake always
seemed... polite.. The latest fedora just seemed to bloated (stuff all
features over too much hd:: no idea why) but mandrake just works and seems
to get the feature combo just right to my tastes for a home machine.

That said rpm hell is just intensified with mandrake. Although I am given
to understand that the online update stuff catches it up with debians
karma.

ooh thats right :) I got adsl now. must play.

------------------------------------
"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.
http://www.perthimc.asn.au

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Senectus - wrote:

> I'm damned impressed..
> I threw it over my redhat install on my dual boot IBM thinkpad (A31p)
> it picked up EVERY hardware device by default..
> CD burner/DVD combo drive, 802.11b, Bluetooth, internal modem the whole
> damned lot... its the first time I've had linux working 100% on my
> thinkpad..
>
> its also much easier to configure, and not as "cute" as the other versions
> (no overkill of cartoon pictures of penguins everywhere).
> Very impressive.. I'll have to stress test it on some bigger machines later
> :-)
>
> I still prefer Gentoo though.. and will end up wiping it with my fav distro
> later.. :-P
>
> Senectus
>

> “I don’t think Bastard goes anywhere near to describing the unmitigated scum
> sucking, bottom feeding toerag that is me. But hey – who knew shit could be
> worth so much
”  - Simon Travaglia BOFH (Could have easily been Darl McBride