[plug] UCC friday night meets?

Senectus - senectuskal at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 07:29:54 WST 2004

Mostly because I really like Gentoo, I want to learn to be good at gentoo
and i'll be running my own rsync mirror (I hope) on the gateway as well..
I know, I know.. not a good idea to use a firewall for anything other than
fairewall/router, but I'm a home user.. I'm not risking much..
Also Because Gentoo is a "from source" distro, in theory I'll learn more
about linux by using it.. and I'd like especially to learn more about linux
boxes that do routing/firewalling/IPtables etc

Even though the install process is difficult to learn the first time, I've
never felt so at home with linux until I started using Gentoo.. so for me,
until I find better, Gentoo is it.

:-) thanks.

Senectus

“I don’t think Bastard goes anywhere near to describing the unmitigated scum
sucking, bottom feeding toerag that is me. But hey – who knew shit could be
worth so much…”  - Simon Travaglia BOFH (Could have easily been Darl McBride
that said it though)