[plug] Just installed mandrake 10

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sat Mar 13 12:26:27 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 12:19, Simon Scott wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:56, Chris Caston wrote:
> > >
> > > Ive never understood where this comes from. I found Debian's packaging
> > > system to be archaic at best. urpmi and the gui tools wrapped around it
> > > make installing stuff a total no brainer. Even my old man has it all
> > > figured out.
> >
> > So are there WAIX Mandreak/urpmi sources like IT's Deb mirror?
>
> Not that I know of. If you find them, let me know.

Roger that. I'm heavily considering giving Mandrake 10 the one of my
customers but not having access to apt and all it's great sources is my
only item of concern. I'll try it out on an Celeron 2.2ghz machine with
512mb DDR soon to see how it fares.

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.