[plug] oh dear :(

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sat Mar 13 08:28:30 WST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 04:08:48PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Mike Holland wrote:
> |
> | The other appears to be Linux - User-Agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
> | I've probably missed something, but why not plug the scrambled HDD into
> | a working linux box (may need to move master/slave jumper), and fix it
> | from there?  The working box is a laptop?

The machine that is broke is a lappy..

> Judging from the time zone, the working box is in the eastern states...
> Perhaps SSH'ed into using PuTTY?

I ssh to a box in Sydney to do mail..

Onno Iwill get to the rest of your suggestions this weekend I hope..
And I got the CD from Garry, and it runs, so I am able to have a
working linux system running from the cd.. I am still trying to figure
out how to save the things on the hd that I want before I reinstall..

I have a life now.. work and a wonderful 14yr old son living with me
so my time  to devote to messing about with linux is very limited.

Thanks all