[plug] Intel NIC's behaving differently ?!

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Mon Mar 15 16:04:40 WST 2004

Hi people,

Here's a Linux related problem for a change...the desktop machine I use
has an Intel Pro/100 S Desktop Adaptor in it, but when I try to connect
to our Terminal Server with it I get "Broken pipe" messages, however,
the Toshiba Laptop that's next to me with a Pro/100 V card in it works fine.

Both these cards use the same module - eepro100, and yes I am playing
with the card on the desktop machine to see if I can get them to play
nicely but does anyone have any ideas what's going on ?

Also trying to get the Intel PCMCIA wireless card to work on that lappy
(came with our Intel Pro 5000 wireless kit), Intel doesn't officially
support that card but I'm going to google for some third party apps :)

Thanks

Kai