[plug] Intel NIC's behaving differently ?!

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 15 16:08:36 WST 2004

In message <40556398.5090409 at broome.wa.gov.au>
on Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 04:04:40PM +0800, Kai Jones wrote:
> Here's a Linux related problem for a change...the desktop machine I use
> has an Intel Pro/100 S Desktop Adaptor in it, but when I try to connect
> to our Terminal Server with it I get "Broken pipe" messages, however,
> the Toshiba Laptop that's next to me with a Pro/100 V card in it works fine.

I'm guessing that there are one or two other differences between the
machines. And when you talk about a "Terminal Server"...what is that?
"Broken pipe" on POSIX systems typically corresponds to EPIPE (broken
pipe). A "pipe" in this case is a form of interprocess communication,
not a network communication. What is the application software that you
are using?