[plug] continued X on Debian stable

smclevie smclevie at ozemail.com.au
Tue Mar 16 16:30:13 WST 2004

Hi,

Thanks to Peter Bradshaw for his hep.  I have tried as suggested and
x.errors is empty.

On screen however, I get the following after this command,
X -probeonly > x.errors

warning: process set to nice value 0 instead of -10 as requested
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running

and some other stuff about reporting problems and the need to send a full
log...

I'm none the wiser!! (just a reflection on me I guess!)

Thanks again in advance,

Steve