[plug] CVS - difference upload

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Mar 16 17:28:12 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 20:21, Ryan wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 17:16, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > So, how do I upload the things that have changed since the last tagged
> > release to the server, so I don't have to upload all the images that
> > haven't changed, the libraries that haven't etc.
>
> <snip>
>
> > Any ideas / applications / solutions / gotchas or otherwise?
>
> Did the point go flying well over my head, or is rsync what you want to
> use? (assuming the other end offers it).

That is the right idea, but it does assume rsync on the other end.
Ideally the solution would extract the changed files from cvs, scp or
ftp them to the hosting server and life would be sweet.

Let me ask the question in another way...

Is there a way to get cvs to give me a tree structure that contains only
the changed files - 'cause then I can just blast those up to the hosting
server...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S41°18'23" - E146°49'07" (Holwell, Tas)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..