[plug] CVS - difference upload

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Mar 16 17:38:26 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 17:28, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > Did the point go flying well over my head, or is rsync what you want to
> > use? (assuming the other end offers it).
>
> That is the right idea, but it does assume rsync on the other end.
> Ideally the solution would extract the changed files from cvs, scp or
> ftp them to the hosting server and life would be sweet.
>
> Let me ask the question in another way...
>
> Is there a way to get cvs to give me a tree structure that contains only
> the changed files - 'cause then I can just blast those up to the hosting
> server...

It has been *ages* since I used CVS, and even then I hardly touched it,
but does something like this do (pseudo-ish code):

for FILE in `cvs -q diff (or maybe rdiff) blah blah blah | awk '{print
$2}'` do
	# more sanity checking
	# upload the file
done

Assuming [r]diff outputs things like this:

	File foo/bar.php changed from revision blah blah blah

Ryan