[plug] VOIP setup for Linux network

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Mar 23 16:34:31 WST 2004

This came back from the company:

> Can you or another one of your crew members please give me an
> idea of how some of your other customers connect?
>
> Do they use a Cisco call manager?

There is a combination of people using their own SIP servers for control
then passing only the calls to us and others connecting their phones
directly to our Call Manager.

> How many IPs do they have?

There are basically two ways to do this.

1. Have an IP for each device
2. Install a device that is able to do protocol fix up via NAT

Generally option one is more cost effective.

I have asked one of my techs to give you a call to discuss the best
options
for you.

It appears as though the simplest option is to see if arachnet will let
me buy some more IPs which should be fun.

regards,

Chris

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.