[plug] VOIP setup for Linux network

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Mar 23 15:49:41 WST 2004

> On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 13:31, Onno Benschop wrote:
> ).
> >
> > The ATA186 supports all manner of protocols, IIRC SIP is supported. You
> > may need a call manager from CISCO, but I've heard others report that
> > you can just install Asterix and use that.

That would be the preferred option as I hear the Cisco call manager is
software that runs under Windows.. eeek!

Anyway from browsing the Asterisk mailing list I came up with a thread
that showed people struggling with this issue in 2002.

http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0210/0137.html

So with a little luck this problem had been fixed and it's now 2004.

I'll e-mail to them and ask where they are at with proxy_authentication
support.

regards,

Chris
--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.