[plug] Re: Upcoming changes to the ECI

Kirk Turner kirk.turner at wagoonline.com
Thu Mar 25 12:27:53 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 11:42, Onno Benschop wrote:

> I already have the certificate, it is already active. This is because
> I'm an existing Windows ECI user. I recall seeing the page when my
> certificate expired in December, and I ran it at the time to update my
> certificate file, which is now stored on my machine.

Ahh ok :)

> > Is this for running an applet, because if so by allowing them to used
> > signed applets you bypass java's security sandbox completely and they
> > can read/write anywhere on your machine (unless you specify in your
> > java.policy file that you only allow applets signed by 'user'  specific
> > permissions).
>
> Dunno.

Weel can we trust our tax department?

> > Not sure about the brightness, but that's some ideas at least.
>
> Got anymore?
>  :-)

Maybe one.
You are running the javascript directly? As far as I can see from a few
seconds look, its  testing and getting (_csi_isIe()) true in that
function, so its returning the IE way of viewing applets. Have you set
your browser version to look like IE? If so try setting it to netscape
and trying again. If that fails, grab the part between the <EMBED> tags
in the else if (_csi_isNetscape4))) of renderCsiApplet (file:
https://bp.ato.gov.au//CSISupport/CSISupport.js). and stick it in a
local html and load it. You might have to debug to find the codebase
values etc.

Kirk