[PLUG] OT: old computer gear cleanout

Ari Finander outrider at operamail.com
Mon Mar 29 00:07:49 WST 2004

Hi all,

I'm having another clean out of older working equipment (the dead stuff becomes artwork). Some of this stuff is left over from my last cleanout, but it's working parts, so I didn't want to chuck them or turn them into artwork. Prices are negotiable (hey, if you want to give me a few coins for a free item, knock yourself out!) and if you have things you'd like to trade (like old sdram or some such) then let me know. Please bring your own antistatic bags (all items are stored in antistatic bags here). Email me offlist if you want any of these things. Otherwise, they're likely to be tossed in the next bulk rubbish collection and/or turned into artwork by dremelisation.

Ari

Working systems:
Cyrix PR 200, 32mb EDO (4x8), 270mb HDD, FDD, AT power and case, video card, sound card $20

Pentium 100 (no fan, but runs fine without it, as a Smoothwall box at least), 32mb EDO (2x16), FDD, 40mb HDD, AT power and case, video card $15

Memory:
2x32mb 72pin EDO $20

bag-o-ram (a few assorted pieces that were working, not sure what happened to their pairs, 30pin and 72pin) $free

4x1mb 30pin SIMMS $free

Hard drives:
40mb HDD $free

MFM drive Seagate ST-238-R (with accompanying ancient system, which may or may not still work) $free

Printer:
Epson Stylus Color 400
Needs a new black ink cartridge. Some with power cable but not printer cable. $free

Case:
AT case with spring locking removeable motherboard tray and PSU $free

Motherboards:
Various working socket 7 motherboards (6 in total I think, including Soyo and ASUS boards) $free

CPU:
P75 with heatsink but no fan $free
486 sx25 and dx33 CPUs (only if you have a need for them, otherwise I'm keeping them for artwork, but they're all working, so it seems a shame) $free

Network:
10mbps hub, 8 port, needs power supply from altronics or dick smith or some such. $10 (including power pack that I bought at Altronics with multiple plugs and is worth more than the hub, $25)

2xRealtek based 10/100 NICs, in original packaging $10 ea

2x3Com 10/100 Nics $15ea

ISA BNC card, untested, $free

Power supplies:
2 AT power supplies $free

Misc:
486, motherboard, ram, and IDE card (together without case, all working) $free
Acard SCSI PCI card with an external socket only (untested, I have no SCSI gear) $free

Compaq (I think) motherboard with 486sx chip, onboard video, PS/2 ports, and the FDD that came with it $free

2x5.25” FDDs $free

ISA IDE card (from the 486 days) $free