[plug] MySQL nautral language user interface

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 29 09:02:40 WST 2004

In message <1080521240.1002.3.camel at syngery>
on Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:47:21AM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> I believe though that you need to do something on the server to enable
> mysqlnavigator to connect?

I don't know about mysqlnavigator, but presumably it can connect either
via a UNIX-domain socket or an IP port. If necessary, on a Debian
system, you should be able to modify your server's configuration
by editing /etc/mysql/my.cnf (look for the mysqld section) and then
reloading.

> Perhaps vi /etc/services to open up the port?

<glare> Please promise you'll never say that again :-P