[plug] html code help

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Mar 31 07:22:24 WST 2004

I'll try to be more descriptive, now that I've had some sleep.  What I need is on the same line is a checkbox and test that follows where the user can tick the box to indicate they have completed the task.  It only acts as a reminder, nothing fancy.  The problem I'm having is I cannot get text to show up on the same line next to the checkbox.

Hope this helps.

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

Quoting Jon  Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>:
> Trying to insert a checkbox in front of a line of code, can someone analyse
> what I'm doing wrong?
>
> <input name="Cisco" type="Checkbox" value="ON"><a href="CiscoTools"><dir

I assume that you want the checkbox to be "ticked" when someone follows the
link? Also, you've got a file called "CiscoTools" in the same directory as this
web page right?

If you just want the checkbox to be ticked, then drop the '<a ...></a>', it's
not necessary or useful. If you want a link to be followed there's not much
point in having a checkbox unless the browser also generates a new page when
for "CiscoTools". If you don't throw a new page, the current one gets replaced,
and clicking a "back" button will redraw the page you came from as it
originally was, sans completed checkboxes, selectors, text input fields and the
like.

Hooker

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au