[plug] Still not able to route to adsl

raven at themaw.net raven at themaw.net
Sat May 1 21:24:51 WST 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, bob wrote:

> I have not been able to crack this one since I posted regarding this on
> Wednesday. I would really like some clues on how to get this working -
> please :)
>
> To refresh those that are interested's memories here is what I am trying to
> achieve and some of what I have tried
>
> ADSL (NB1300+4)
>         eth1 (192.168.1.x dhcp'd from ADSL)
> Gateway/firewall  (debian)
>         eth0 (192.168.0.x)
> hosts on LAN

I guess I can assume that the Gateway/firewall has ip_forwarding enabled
(dumb question)?

Walk me through how you think a packet will find it's way from a host on
the LAN to the other side of the ADSL?

Have you done a traceroute to a external address to find out how far it
gets and where it goes?

Ian