[plug] Presenting ... *drum roll* the new website

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu May 6 01:30:13 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 00:25, Bernard Blackham wrote:

> As some of you may have noticed already, the PLUG website has
> recently undergone a complete redesign. The aim is to be easier to
> navigate, easier to maintain, and faster to load.
>
> And Cameron Patrick has done an amazing job of bringing it together
> from scratch and copying across the relevant content from the old
> website. He's also hunted down past speakers and obtained their
> slides, so if you missed any of the talks in the past year and a
> bit, you may find slides are now up. A huuuuge thanks to Cameron :)

Indeed. The updated site looks really good. I was just about to post
saying "I can't seem to reach plug.linux.org.au" ... but that explains
everything.

> On the flipside, one of the few things that didn't make it across
> are the forums. While they did seem to get some use, it didn't seem
> enough to warrant keeping PostNuke. Although if there is sufficient
> demand, they can probably be put on a separate site with big text
> saying "This site has nothing but forums" or words to that effect.

Perhaps run them in a UML or something if we have to keep them. I'm
learning to really like UML, by the way, and not just for security. Want
to keep running RH8 for your mail server etc (because you don't want to
mess with it) but use a more up-to-date distro for your terminal server?
Use UML :-) . I can't wait until it's multi-threaded so an SMP UML can
use multiple host CPUs...

Craig Ringer