UML was [plug] Presenting ... *drum roll* the new website

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Thu May 6 07:55:10 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 01:30, Craig Ringer wrote:
> <snip>

> Perhaps run them in a UML or something if we have to keep them. I'm
> learning to really like UML, by the way, and not just for security. Want
> to keep running RH8 for your mail server etc (because you don't want to
> mess with it) but use a more up-to-date distro for your terminal server?
> Use UML :-) . I can't wait until it's multi-threaded so an SMP UML can
> use multiple host CPUs...
>
> Craig Ringer

The Xbox only has 64 MB RAM :( so i am not sure that a UML session will
work all that well in it.

We are using UML a lot now as well. Our CoLo server is at WestNet  with
several WAIX IPs and World IPs. In the end we have several servers, WAIX
and Non-WAIX all for the cost of 2RU. We have also built a couple of UML
servers for commercial companies. The upside for them is that instead of
paying us to build 4 servers they only pay for 1 and some added for the
UML.

I have decided that i am going to install UML on our main File server at
work and run a Mandrake 10 LTSP to feed a couple of workstations. Also
run one of the exchange clones on another.

Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at LinuxIT.com.au>