[PLUG] Transfering mozilla mail and newsgroup settings from linux to windows

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri May 7 10:23:47 WST 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 07:43:02AM +0800, Michael Holland wrote:
> One word: "VNC".
> I suppose thats an acronym, not a word. OK - 3 words: fear and surprise.
> No, wait.

And a ruthless efficiency?

> It might be easier to keep running the mail apps on your headless linux
> box. Just putty in from the laptop, install Xvnc, and run the client
> on windoze. Of course, you might be able to run an X client, I mean server
> (its confusing) on windows, but VNC is probably a lot easier.

It beats me why people are confused about this.  A server makes some
resource available for use by a client.  In this case, the server
supplies a display, and the clients draw on it.  What's so hard about
that?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
It is sweet to let the mind unbend on occasion.
		-- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)