[plug] windows - a rant

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Fri May 7 14:25:38 WST 2004

Hi,

I would expect a "Linux Users Group" to be impartial to anything other
than Linux.

Ryan's observation on Windows Updates cements my personal opinions about
the blatant breaches of privacy in M$ products (any information sent
from my computer without my permission is a breach of privacy). Nothing
some proper firewalling and routing can't prevent.

That said; it is unfortunate that I am forced to use Microsoft Windows
because of my line of work. A choice, perhaps: we could all be bums in
the gutter if we "choose".

However, M$ have produced some very good software. A lot of Linux
products have copied their ideas; perhaps even improved on them. So I
can't completely "bag" M$ out for their record over the years.

Having said that, as mentioned in my opening sentence, this is a "Linux
Users Group", and therefore warrants me to shut-up right now about m$!!!

If Linux was a football team - they'd be "My Team" :)

Ranz