[plug] probably very simple perl question

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at CSIRO.AU
Mon May 10 20:06:11 WST 2004

Hi List,
        when I try to install Parse-RecDescent-Deparse it appears
to be asking for Parse-RecDescent-Deparse. What am I doing wrong?

> tar -xzf Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-0.43.tar.gz
> cd Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-0.43
> perl Makefile.PL
 Checking if your kit is complete...
 Looks good
 Warning: prerequisite Parse::RecDescent 0 not found.
 Writing Makefile for Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
> cd ../
> wget http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/S/SI/SIMON/Parse-RecDescent-Deparse-1.00.tar.gz
> tar -xzf Parse-RecDescent-Deparse-1.00.tar.gz
> cd Parse-RecDescent-Deparse-1.00
> perl Makefile.PL
 Checking if your kit is complete...
 Looks good
 Warning: prerequisite Parse::RecDescent 1 not found.
 Writing Makefile for Parse::RecDescent::Deparse

More generally -- I am trying to convert a lot of .xls files to comma separated files.
Does anyong know an easier way?

						bye
						rob

--
Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3200     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences     +61 2 9325 3100
http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Rob.Dunne at csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.